Do I Believe Tarot is The Devil's Work ?

Why do I begin with this title ?   

Do I Believe Tarot is the Devil's Work?  

Let us begin by examining the Word Devil ....(these are my thoughts and opinions and you may or may not agree ...)

Devil - Religious word used for things that are not what is of God....

The Devil given to an aspect that is Pagan  ( An Umbrella Term for Country Dweller- or for someone who does not follow a Book Religion such as Christianity, Islam and Jewish....
They may follow not a Monotheistic Religion but more of a Polytheistic One, (More about that later)
The Devil Created firstly by the Church Clergy to give fear to A Pagan  Horned God ....and manifested the aspect of Satan ( that is another aspect - that may be covered later on in another post- as this is a huge subject matter of the Fallen Angel ....)

I know we use The Devil card in Tarot - but this is about facing your own personal demons, addictions, bad habits, repeated patterns that keep you chained to the past .... 

What is God.. Who is he ?  A name given to an Universal Deity.... A Universal Deity that is perceived as The One and Only.....

For me Personally he is not the One and only ... He or She  (This being is made up of both Masculine and Feminine aspects )   This being comes from  many Gods and Goddesses from around the World .. each aspect makes up the whole ...  For me personally I find The Patriarch aspect is a little one-sided.  and I find it is important to embrace the Yin and Yang within self .... not solely focusing on the Matriarch side..

Now getting back to Tarot being the Devil's work ... No... It is not .. If the Intent of the Reader is to work with Love and light, without EGO  Then this work is one of Love ... of a sense of Purity .... It is work of a Light worker ...(A person who chooses to work in Love with the Highest Possible Vibration)   - Now unfortunately there are those who do not choose to work in this way and have chosen to work  not in love ..... But they are few and far between, it is unfortunate we hear more about those few than the hundreds, thousands that do Good in the World ....

You may find Readers who choose to work with Shadow Aspects, Dark Arts  but these can still be worked with Love ... In facing those aspects we wish to deny, we bring them out of the Dark, out of the Shadows .. They may take some time to transform, to be brought out into the light ... but by working with these aspects we become whole...  We embrace ourselves Fully as ONE!

This for me personally is my belief for all who choose to Work with Divination, Who choose to work with any tool to gather insight... including  Clairvoyance, Medium-ship, Psychic,  Magick- Witch, Witchcraft, Wiccan,  Druid, No Matter what title you give your faith, your belief, your Religion, Your lifestyle If you choose to work with Love  on any level .... They are certainly not evil in anyway ...... and do not work with the Devil  (as in the Christian aspect ) ....


This is my Thoughts and Opinions ....

The Bible was created from Mysterious Scrolls written in an Ancient Language that was written by Men and then discovered and  translated by Man into another Language...  Have all of the Scrolls been discovered?  Have all of the Scrolls been translated correctly? Is it possible that words have been misinterpreted?  That mistakes have been made over time, as the words have been translated into different languages... That the written word has changed ... Maybe over time Someone took it upon themselves to change the scriptures of the Sacred Text?   These are thoughts....  To think about.... maybe an Ancient Word does not really have a modern equivalent but someone took it upon themselves to make it fit it to a more modern world .. to add control... To add fear , a sense of warmongering among the people...

There are many Different Branches within the Christian World, The Islamic World That parts of beliefs have been added, changed, modified to become a unique branch within the whole tree.. Instead of seeing themselves as a connection to the whole they see themselves as Separate... They see that only their way seems correct, they listen to one person who seems as though they are an authoritative on this ....  But actually in reality they must listen to someone else who has become who they think more knowledgeably on this area  - This person is Man.. they are no more Important than anyone else but in own perception ...  I am not generalizing but thinking outloud....

I am not saying all are the same but all are different and Unique and in saying that is okay with respect that one has perceptions that are open to all possibilities.. Not any one way is the only way as we are all individuals.... But in joining together and in respect of each other we connect all of the Branches on the Tree so we all become stronger as a Unity ....

My Overall thought is No matter what our beliefs are as individuals, no matter what choices we generally make in our everyday life,   when we choose to Work with Tarot to help others, genuinely help and guide others be empowered on their own journey we decide then, our intent is one of Purity, one of Love, One of working within the Light .... We are working Only from an Universal aspect of  What may be called God's Work .... Goddess ..... An Oneness within.... We work with our Highest Vibration Possible ,......


This Post may be provoking thoughts.. I know maybe not all will agree... as it comes from my own thoughts and opinions, from my own experiences as I have journeyed over the last 40+ years ....
I was born into An Anglican (Church of England ) family .... I have been Baptised, and gone through Confirmation ... I have sat and listened to many sermons overtime .. in New Zealand and In Bristol in the UK (where I was Confirmed in a little Church there went through weeks of study and understanding of what the what was of value to us at that time...)  I agree with some of the thoughts and the opinions of what was written ... in being of Love and treating others like you would like to be treated.. The stories and the teachings of those stories bring hope and love when not taken out of context . 
 During my 20's I began to see the World in a new light and finally when in the Library I picked up a book by Ann Moura - Green Witchcraft  I began reading the first page and burst into tears, Suddenly my life made sense ..
 Suddenly I felt like I belonged in this World ...
For the Last 20+ years I have felt my lifestyle, my beliefs, my faith was one of Paganism, I am all that I am and within me I found a Witch .....

Blessed Be!


Comments

My Thoughts and Opinions

Today's Mystikal Lenormand Layout

How I Connect With The Cards...

Understanding the messages within A few of the Cards

Echoes of One - Sacred Geometry Oracle

Why Do Readers Read Cards Differently?

Mists of Avalon Oracle Tarot Entry